Return to site

Legislative Tracker

HB 2456 Would Allow Rezone of Farmland Along Idaho Border

· oregon land use,eastern oregon,exclusive farm use

According to the Capital Press, HB 2456 made it past a critical deadline and may still have a chance at passing before the end of the legislative session. The bill would allow the rezoning certain farmland from exclusive farm use to residential (subject to conditions). Some of the proposed conditions include a 2-acre minimum lot size, and only up to 200 acres can be rezoned per county.

Please note this post was made in April 2019. The Bill may not progress further, or it may be significantly amended. before it passes. Here is a link to the bill in the legislative tracking system.

Van Vactor Law is an Oregon law firm specializing in land use law and real estate law.  The firm serves all of Central Oregon and Eastern Oregon.


The information on this blog is for general informational purposes only. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice law in your state.

Land Use. Oregon. Malheur County. Wallowa County. Baker County. Idaho.
All Posts

Almost done…

We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!