Return to site

Constructing a Mother-in-Law Suite in Oregon

Before constructing an accessory dwelling unit (“ADU”) in Oregon, make sure it is lawful, that you comply with development and building codes, and that you understand the short term and long term costs.

· land use law,oregon land use,zoning,ADUs,mo

By Will Van Vactor

Accessory dwelling units, sometimes called “mother-in-law suites” or “granny flats”, are growing in popularity. When you construct an ADU, you create a separate living area on your property that can be used to generate rental income or to let your mother-in-law (or other family members) live or stay in when visiting.


The information on this blog is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. Nothing on this site should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This blog should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice law in your state.

Will Van Vactor - Oregon Land Use Lawyer - VV Law
All Posts

Almost done…

We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!